To Call or Not to Call? A Quick Guide to Emergency Plumbing Issues in Woodbridge
Identifying the Right Time to Call a Plumber
Your home’s plumbing is quite intricate when you think about it. From sewage lines to fresh water lines running through many areas of the house, your home is bound to have a plumbing issue here and there.
Of course, some issues can be tackled quite easily, while others require the assistance of an emergency plumber. If you are unsure what situation requires the assistance of a plumber, there are a few common scenarios where homeowners will turn to a trusted Woodbridge plumbing company rather than attempt to fix it themselves.
5 Situations that Call for a Woodbridge Plumber
- A Dripping Faucet that Will Not Stop – A dripping faucet is not only annoying in the middle of the night; it is a costly problem. While it may be a slight leak that does not cause too much trouble, that leak will eventually expand into a bigger problem. Also, if you leave your drip unchecked, you could be wasting hundreds of litres of water per year. Contact your local plumber to come and identify the source of the leak. Most trained plumbers can correct a leaking faucet in a matter of minutes.
- A Bathtub that Will Not Drain – Have a tub that has standing water or an incredibly slow drain? Now is the time to contact your Woodbridge plumber. While not an emergency (yet), that creeping drain speed or standstill tub is a sign of something stuck in your line. You do not want the problem to escalate into a big clog; or worse, one that backs up into the home. Contact your plumber to have it corrected.
- A Frozen Pipe – Frozen pipes are an emergency, especially in the spring when those pipes start to thaw and the leaks come bursting from every crack the frozen water has caused. If you have pipes leaking in your home, contact an emergency plumber right away. In the meantime, you must locate your main water shut off immediately to stop the water flow and reduce damage.
- A Severely Clogged Toilet – You know that a clogged toilet can often be corrected with a plunger. However, when the plunger no longer gets the job done, it is imperative you contact a plumber. A plumber can assess your sewage line for potential clogs. Sometimes, it could be an issue of tree roots inside the drain.
- Overflowing Toilets and Sinks – When a clog is left to continue, you might find that your home’s water comes back up rather than goes down. When you have an overflowing toilet, sink, or another drain in your home, you need emergency plumbing services.
Is It Time to Get in Touch with a Woodbridge Plumber?
While not all plumbing issues are emergencies, it is good to have a plumbing service in the area that offers regular hours as well as emergency repairs. Aaron & Son Plumbing and Drain Services is a Woodbridge plumber that understands not all plumbing issues happen during normal business hours. That is why we offer our clients regular and after-hours service calls.
If you have a plumbing issue on your hands day or night, contact Aaron & Son Plumbing and Drain Services at a location near you. You can also reach us at 905‑731‑3111 in York Region, 905‑717‑2277 in Aurora-Newmarket, and 416‑409‑5511 in Toronto.