Things to Check Before You Call a Plumbing Service
A Checklist from Your Woodbridge Plumber
Inevitably, you will need to have a plumber visit your home from time to time. Whether the problem is a leaky faucet, a broken pipe, or a clogged toilet, only a plumber is qualified to handle an emergency plumbing issue. In addition to emergency calls, you may need other plumbing services at your Woodbridge home.
Being prepared is one of the best ways to get the most from any plumbing service call. To ensure that your home is ready when your Woodbridge plumber arrives, you might take a variety of actions.
Consult this Checklist Prior to Making a Plumbing Appointment
- Ask Yourself if It Is Truly an Emergency: Before you call your plumbing company after-hours, make sure the problem is really an urgent one. Emergency visits at odd hours may cost more than other kinds of calls. While a dripping faucet might annoy your family at night, it can likely wait until morning for repairs.
- Be Ready to Answer Probable Questions: You will probably be asked certain questions, so be prepared to answer them. Your plumber may want to know the exact nature of the issue (such as odd sounds and odours), when you first noticed the problem, and how long it has been happening.
- Turn Off the Fixture: Power down the affected appliance or system when possible. If your toilet is overflowing, for example, the first thing you should do is turn off the water. If you do not know how to do that, ask the plumber when you call. Beyond that, do not try to undertake any of the repairs yourself. Allowing a professional to take care of the problem could ultimately save you a lot of money by avoiding expensive mistakes.
- Clear the Work Space: A professional should have easy access to the problem area. If the problem is with your kitchen sink and it is full of dishes, move them somewhere else before the plumber comes to your home. This will make it easier to do the job at hand, and it will shorten the length of the visit.
- Remove Pets from the Area: No matter how friendly they are, pets tend to be a major distraction for a service professional. Ensure that your plumber is able to work freely and safely by putting your pets in another room.
Ready to Call the Best Plumbing Company in Woodbridge?
When you have a plumbing problem, you need a plumber fast. Make the next service call easier and more efficient by being as prepared as you can. When you take a few steps to remove pets, clear the area, and turn off the affected system if possible, you will save time. If you take a few moments to discern exactly what the issue is and whether it is urgent, you could save money, as well.
When you need plumbing services in Woodbridge, we at Aaron & Son Plumbing and Drain Services are happy to serve your area. You can also reach us in York Region at 905-731-3111, in Aurora-Newmarket at 905-717-2277, and in Toronto at 416-409-5511.