Bathroom Renovation Essentials – Why, When and What?
Hiring an experienced Woodbridge plumber to renovate your bathroom can save you the time, money and effort involved with a DIY project. Understanding when to update your bathroom will make a big difference in your home comfort and also help you make the necessary preparations if you are planning to sell your house. Do not wait until the last minute to take care of your bathroom renovations. While it may seem like a quick and easy project, plumbing for renovations must be done carefully, correctly, and without rushing to complete the job.
8 Reasons to Start Bathroom Renovations and Call Your Woodbridge Plumber
- Leaks in faucets, toilets, and high water bills: You may not always see a leak, but it may exist. If your water bill is higher than expected, your home could be losing water unnecessarily. Leaks can be extremely troublesome, especially if they are hidden behind walls and beneath floors, so it is best to have a reliable Woodbridge plumber inspect the place and identify the problem.
- Mold: If the shower or other areas of the bathroom are frequently green, black, grey or even pink, you may have a mold issue. While your bathroom may be visually appealing and look clean, a mold problem can cause serious health problems. In addition to having mold safely removed from walls and other surfaces, you should also have your Woodbridge plumber inspect your drains, sink, toilet and pipes for hidden mold growth, and replace them if required.
- Old toilets: If your toilet is more than 10 years old, it is no longer efficient with water. It is time to switch to a newer, more water-efficient toilet. You can install an environmentally-friendly model that saves on water. Ask your Woodbridge plumbing company to include this item on your list of bathroom renovations.
- Safety issues: Many household accidents occur in the bathroom; when sliding, slipping or falling can cause serious injuries. Remodeling your bathroom can make it a much safer space with the use of walk-in showers, slip-resistant floors, and low-threshold tubs.
- Cracked tiles: Whether in the walls or on the floor, cracked tiles must be fixed. It is best to address this situation immediately before there are cracks throughout the bathroom. Cracked tiles are unsightly and they can also scratch or cut your feet when walking barefoot. Mold spores can potentially creep through these cracks, so you may have a mold problem on your hands before you know it.
- Outdated bathroom: Sometimes a mere glimpse of your bathroom is all you need to tell that a remodeling is needed. Updating your bathroom will give you a much more comfortable and relaxing space. Replace your old tub, put in new tiles, add a new vanity, change the old and outdated faucets and install a water-efficient showerhead. You will start seeing the difference in your bathroom and also on your utilities bill.
- Damaged tub: Cracks, chips and peeling surfaces have no place in a bath tub. A new or custom tub is quick and easy for your Woodbridge plumber to install, and will give your bathroom a more beautiful, updated look and feel.
- Excess humidity and odours: If you smell something strange in your bathroom or it constantly feels like you are in a sauna, it may be time to plan bathroom renovations. These signs could mean that the exhaust fan is no longer doing its job and must be taken care of immediately. Bathrooms should always efficiently get rid of humidity and odours.
Is it Time to Hire Woodbridge Plumbing Services?
Contrary to what many homeowners believe, taking on bathroom renovations without the necessary training and tools can actually cost you more. Why run the risk of trial and error? Depend on a Woodbridge plumbing company with a good track record of satisfied customers to take care of your bathroom renovations and complete them on time, on budget.
If you see any of the above signs, you know that it is time for bathroom renovations. Contact Aaron & Son Plumbing and Drain Services at a location near you. You can also call us at 905-731-3111 in York Region, 905-717-2277 in Aurora-Newmarket, and 416-409-5511 in Toronto.